Dance is a gift that will last a lifetime.
Dance is an athletic art form that strengthens the student physically, stimulates them mentally, and inspires them artistically. We believe that introducing and enriching children in dance is a wonderful gift that will last a lifetime.
Dance promotes good postural alignment, physical strength, and flexibility. It teaches poise and can have a positive impact on an individual’s level of self-confidence. Dance enhances musical awareness and helps develop rhythm and coordination. It stimulates artistic thought and feelings of well-being.
A fun and encouraging introduction to the world of dance, the Primary Division is designed to engage the young child in the process of learning.
Ages 7+ and Teen
The foundation for all future dance training, the Student Division emphasizes proper posture, placement, and coordination.
Technically and artistically challenging, the Academy Program prepares dancers for training in a college program or a professional setting.
Dance Center Evanston Updates
- Fall Registration opens for Returning Students on Thursday, August 1 at 9am and for new students on Thursday, August 8 at 9am. Come dance with us!
- New families: join us for our Open House on Saturday, August 17! Take a picture with the Sugar Plum Fairy, design your own magical wand, meet our amazing faculty and staff and much more.
- Fall Session starts on Tuesday, September 3. Be sure to get all your dance gear so your 100% ready for the new year!
Evanston Dance Ensemble Updates
- Congratulations to the new EDE and ede2 companies!
- Rehearsals for our 2019-2020 season begin on August 19. We can’t wait to leap into the new year!
- Come see The Young Choreographers Project right here at Studio5 –
November 22-24, 2019.
- There are only a handful of concerts left in our summer season. Check out studio5.dance/calendar for what’s coming up!
- Two dance companies will be gracing our stage this fall: returning favorite Cerqua Rivera Dance Theatre in September and the innovative Open Dance Project in November.
The DCE Difference
Dance Center Evanston offers a fun, progressive program in a variety of dance techniques, including ballet, modern, tap, jazz, and hip-hop.
Our carefully designed curriculum takes children from the primary levels to pre-professional dance. Our staff is made up of professionals who have years of experience as teachers, performers, and choreographers.
- Bea Rashid, Director